Tuesday, May 3, 2011

{ The Charmer by Autumn Dawn }







Smashwords Eddition by Autumn Dawn


2011


Source: Free Ebook from The Sony Reader Store






From Goodreads:



Jasmine didn't realize her friend Wiley was special until they were drawn into another world. Here Wiley is betrothed to the ruler of the Haunt, a wererace both dangerous and proud.



Keilor is the master of soldiers, a man few would cross, yet he never met a menace like the little brunette his princess calls friend. Will Jasmine find the portal home, or will she find a werewolf of her own?



My review:



I was browsing through the free ebooks available at the Sony Reader Store and came across this one. It sounded like something I might enjoy and it had a fairly high Goodreads rating on it, so why not. I had no idea what I was in store for. I did not realize this was an 'Adult' fantasy, but thought why not give it a read.



A few things first that I did not enjoy about this book. The editing, or lack of was a Hugh distraction at times for me. I am no literary scholar, but seriously this one had a ton of grammatical errors and typing errors that really bothered me. The overall story line was interesting, but I just found many times in the beginning the story line was rushed just to get to the 'nasty' stuff. And the ending? Very rushed and a real disappointment. This world that Autumn Dawn has created is interesting, but there are many aspects that need further explanation and development to fully understand this world. I would have enjoyed it more had there been more story development with in their world.



What I did love about this book though. The two main characters Jasmine and Keilor. Yes, their chemistry was...well hot and steamy, but I just loved these two. Their relationship and their overall being were just characters that I totally got. Jasmine is this headstrong, no holds bar, sarcastic and funny kinda girl. Keilor? Strong, sexy, sarcastic and funny in his own right. But also very loving and caring. These two are definitely what saved this book in my opinion. Apparently there are more books in this series, but they do not include Jasmine and Keilor, so I think I will pass.



If you are fan of hot and steamy adult fantasy/sci-fi then you might enjoy this one. As I said it is worth it just to get to know Jasmine and Keilor.



Rating: 3 stars

2 comments:

  1. I am about to either get a Sony or a Kindle. Tracy, what are your thoughts? I love the idea of free books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, Tracy, you told just enough to get the reader's attention and let them decide if they want to read this.
    I also think that the book's cover is captivating.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete