Sunday, May 1, 2011

{ Hare Moon by Carrie Ryan }




Hare Moon by Carrie Ryan


April 5, 2011 by Random House Children's Books


Source: purchased ebook




From Goodreads:




Tabitha can't shake the feeling that something exists beyond the fences of her village. And when she sneaks out, past the gates and down the path into the Forest of Hands and Teeth, she meets a boy who teaches her heart things she never knew. But love in a world surrounded by so much death doesn't come without its sacrifices, and Tabitha gradually realizes just how much she'll have to give up to live among the Unconsecrated.




From New York Times best selling author Carrie Ryan comes an original story of love after the Return.




My Review:




This was my first short story and it was really exciting to see where Sister Tabitha came from. What made her into the wonderfully, terrifying woman she is in The Forest of Hands and Teeth. This is a great companion to the trilogy. My only complaint? I would love more of this story and even farther back. I want to learn everything there is to know about this world and what occurred during the moment of the Return. This whole world that Carrie Ryan has created is so very fascinating and I just want more!




If you are fan of this series it is a great little addition. You really could start with it or even read it during the middle, as I have. I have not read the finale installment The Dark and Hollow Places yet, but plan to very soon.




Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment